CNC Software Additional functions for machining software
At the Solidworks World 2017 in Los Angeles, CNC Software will present its latest machining software Mastercam 2017 for Solidworks package. This features 3D machining enhancements, Multiaxis improvements, and so much more, the company says.
CAD/CAM - The Maximum Stock Engagement allows the customer to select a previously made stock model and set the maximum depth so that he can limit how deeply the cutter engages uncut materials, especially useful when semi-finishing a part. Perpendicular fill for the Raster toolpath allows to limit raster passes and then fills in the limited area with perpendicular raster motion to create a more consistent finish. And, for quicker toolpath regeneration, the processing time for High Speed Scallop has been decreased, Mastercam says.
To reduce confusion, the Multiaxis toolpaths have been consolidated. They are now grouped by either a Pattern or Application toolpath to make them easier to find. The 4-axis toolpath, Rotary Axis, allows more control over the tool motion through the selection of walls, hubs, and shroud surfaces. And, Multiaxis Drill has additional features including using a line length for the drill depth and recognition of the stock model for depth and top of stock purposes.
Mastercam 2017 features a ribbon interface that makes it easier to find the functions you need to complete your tasks, the company says. “Many of our more powerful tools were underused because customers did not know where to find them,” says CNC Software President, Meghan West. “We spent a lot of time with users determining the best way to simplify this, and the response has been overwhelmingly positive.” The ribbon tabs group similar functions and displays them in order from simple to more complex. Each tab relates to a type of activity, from creating wireframe geometry to generating toolpaths. Editing functions are on the same tab as creation functions so you have all the tools you need, when you need them.
According to the company, Mastercam’s Dynamic Motion technology can slash machine time by as much as 75% or more. That is supposed to maximize material removal rates, extend tool life, reduce cycle time, save wear and tear on machines, and cut hard materials more easily. New to 2017, micro lifts now use a line-of-sight approach to move the tool where it needs to go through unobstructed areas. This results in reposition moves that are more efficient, less complex, and travel a shorter distance resulting in shorter cycle times, the company says.
According to the company, with Mastercam, users get support from resellers, many who have been supporting Mastercam for over 25 years. From tech support and training to curriculum and rollouts, Mastercam wants to make sure their customer's shop is running.
Additional features available in the Mastercam 2017 for Solidsworks release is:
- Analyze Toolpath is used to display information such as coordinates, direction, operation number, and more when hovering over any part of the tool motion.
- For simplification, the Tplanes function associates toolplanes to the Solidworks geometry that was used to create them.
- To view real-time operation data about selected toolpaths, the Display toolpath statistics option can be chosen.
- Category-specific icons are now included on the Solidworks ribbon bar. All drop-downs now have an icon that matches the first of the functions.
- Those who purchase or update to Mastercam Mill 2017 or Mastercam Lathe 2017 will also be able to use the corresponding version of Mastercam for Solidworks.
- New Chip Break is available in Mastercam for Solidworks Lathe for working with stringy materials. It allows to set length and time conditions, retract, and dwell options.
- Code Expert enhancements including fonts and colors in NC Configuration and character coding.
- Mastercam Simulator Auto Start which allows Mastercam Simulator to immediately begin to play once a sufficient amount of data has been transferred.
- Custom Tool Display allows users to define a tool using parametric properties along with a custom profile that can be imported from a CAD file.
Additionaly, a fully translated Mastercam 2017 version for Spanish-speaking users is now available.