Metal industry event in Italy Lamiera prepares for next edition in May 2023
The 22nd edition of Lamiera, the international exhibition for sheet metal processing and sheet metal forming machines and related technologies, is scheduled to take place at Fieramilano Rho from 10 to 13 May 2023.
After the “unusual” edition of Lamiera, which was held in 2022, the trade fair can again find its traditional positioning in the calendar of international trade fairs regarding this field: the odd-numbered years. Promoted by Ucimu-Sistemi Per Produrre, the Italian machine tools, robots and automation systems manufacturers' association, and organised by CEU-Centro Esposizioni Ucimu, Lamiera is back to offer its visitors numerous novelties intended to strengthen its role as an event of reference for a sector, in which Italy achieves excellent performances.
In 2021, Italy was in second place in the world ranking concerning the production of the sector, registering an 18 percent increase versus 2020, which brought its value to 2.8 billion euro. China ranked before (7.7 billion euro) and Germany (2.3 billion euro) came after Italy.
With regard to exports, Italy ranked third, with 1.3 billion euro (+14.4 percent), after Germany and China (1.4 billion euro), which came ahead only by a little.
Moreover, Italy was the second most important consumer market of sheet metal processing and sheet metal forming technologies, totalling a value of 1.7 billion euro (+22.7 percent), after China (7.3 billion euro). The investments in new machines were also supported by the Government measures 4.0 that are currently in force until 2025.
Besides sheet metal processing and sheet metal cutting machines, systems and equipment, tubes, sections, wires, metal structural work, presses, dies and moulds, the trade show will focus on 6 technological themes that are having a more and more crucial impact on the sector.
- Factory of the Future, dedicated to software and technologies for connectivity and data management, automation and digital systems and robotics applied to sheet metal processing;
- Saldatech, offering an overview of the wide and diversified world of welding, one among the most important technologies for sheet metal jointing; Fastener Industry, presenting screws, bolts, fastening and clamping systems;
- World of Heat and Surface Treatment, showing machines, systems and consumables, focused on pre- and post-production treatments, for ferrous and non-ferrous materials, in order to offer a complete overview of this sector that is continuously developing;
- Metrology & Testing, centred on testing, measuring and quality-control systems and machines, which are essential for production in this field;
- Blech Italy Service, technical subcontracting and services for the industry of the sector.
Besides the exhibition, as usual, Lamira will stage a full programme of in-depth cultural thematic meetings arranged by the organisers and the exhibitors. The meetings will be hosted at Lamialamiera, a real arena set up in one of the exhibition halls, in order to facilitate a free participation of the present operators.
The trade show will take place in partial conjunction with Made in Steel, the exhibition dedicated to the production chain of steel, which will be held in the halls next to those occupied by Lamiera, thus enabling operators and journalists to visit the two separate but complementary events on one business trip.