Husky New system offering infinite possibilities
Flexible mid-volume system purpose-built to quickly and easily produce just the right output for multiple preform designs.
Husky Injection Molding Systems has launched its new NexPET system — a game-changing mid-volume PET preform moulding solution purpose-built to help producers introduce multiple new applications into the market more quickly and cost-effectively than ever before, as the company states.
Built upon Husky’s technology, the NexPET system is engineered to enable both established and emerging producers be more competitive by better responding to evolving consumer preferences — while achieving the highest levels of value, flexibility, reliability and sustainability. For established producers, NexPET delivers an agile, reliable solution to accommodate niche brands or smaller run SKUs, Husky promises. For emerging producers, it is a proven, cost-effective solution that enables fast, low-risk entry into markets.
“Consumers are increasingly demanding more personalised products catered to their unique lifestyles and tastes. The global climate created by Covid-19 has amplified this trend, forcing many producers to rapidly adapt operations to scale up new applications like hand sanitiser, disinfectant and other health, personal care or cleaning related products,” said Robert Domodossola, Husky’s President of Rigid Packaging. “Taking into consideration feedback from our customers, as well as assessing the current market landscape, we saw the need for a more flexible, adaptable PET preform moulding solution. As we present NexPET to the market I look forward to continuing the conversation with our customers to gain an even better understanding of what solutions they need to remain successful and competitive — even during these unprecedented times.”
Husky’s NexPET system supports a wider variety of applications, more SKUs, shorter production runs and more frequent design changeovers. The system’s flexible design is ideally suited to meet continuously changing production requirements, while maintaining the highest Six-Sigma part quality. NexPET can run up to a 48-cavity mould and is equipped with a number of unique features to enable producers to be more productive and adaptable, including:
- Up to 25 % faster mould changeovers to support a multiple preform design environment
- Choice of different screw diameters to maximise production output flexibility
- Reflex PET clamp to distribute the right amount of force and maximising mould life
- Rotating end of arm tool with up to three cooling positions to ensure preforms are ejected at ideal temperatures
- Intuitive, easy-to-use controls that enable fast set-up, maximised uptime, optimal energy management and central control of auxiliaries
- Adaptive system pressure automatically adjusts oil pressure to suit specific applications while conserving energy
- Capability to run recycled PET pellets and varying quantity of flakes, supporting sustainability initiatives