Enhanced End User Productivity Collaboration aims to optimise and standardise Additive Manufacturing workflow
Software developer Sigma Labs announced that it has signed an agreement with AMFG, a provider of manufacturing execution systems (MES) software for additive manufacturing (AM). The goal of the partners is to expand the footprint of both companies’ solutions and provide the marketplace with an optimised AM solution.
Together, Sigma Labs and AMFG want to increase quality and efficiency of Additive Manufacturing solutions while decreasing the costs of serial production. Specifically, the combination of the MES and in situ monitoring systems will allow AMFG and Sigma Labs users and OEM companies to:
- Automate full production workflow, including key visibility into production monitoring, with full traceability from powder to part.
- Move towards automated part and process qualification.
- View data in real-time, with ability to dive deep into analytics feed.
- Capture data to support simulation, material properties prediction and final pedigree, and key quality assurance checks to decrease post inspection needs.
- Provide data connectivity and integrity throughout the manufacturing process agnostic of equipment environment.
Sven Hinrichs, AMFG’s Global Head of Technical Consulting, stated, “While there are point solutions that solve specific challenges, everyone benefits when data between systems flows freely and is used to optimize the entire process. We’ve been great admirers of the tremendous strides Sigma Labs has made in ensuring part quality and qualification and are very happy to partner with their team to integrate for customers into an optimized end-to-end solution.”
According to Jacob Brunsberg, President of Sigma Labs, his company chose to partner with AMFG because of their solid reputation in the manufacturing execution space.