Walter Ewag Producing and regrinding tools
Walter present its new all-rounder Helitronic. Responding to the rising needs of flexibility and universality, Walter designed the machine also to be specialised.
For some time the market has been demanding that machine tools must be “more flexible”, “universal” and “automated”. The equally important requirements of “more specialised” and “more cost-effective” often cannot be reconciled with these demands. However, this is exactly what Walter has achieved with the latest extension of their grinding machine portfolio, the Helitronic Raptor, according to the company.
The Helitronic Raptor is a flexible and universal tool-grinding machine especially designed for the grinding and re-sharpening of rotationally symmetrical tools for the metal and wood industry.
The specialised equipment of the Helitronic Raptor:
“Specialised” means in this case: optimising the important equipment options so that the Helitronic Raptor is targeted at the re-sharpening sector of rotationally symmetrical tools, in which one usually
- does not require a large variety of automation
- does not require automatic tool support systems
- does not require an automatic change of grinding wheels
- but still requires a high degree of flexibility in the working area for large and diverse types of tools.
For this reason, the Helitronic Raptor — unlike other machines from Walter — is not configured for options such as wheel changer, robot loader or hydraulic tool support systems.
Tools with a maximum diameter of 320 mm and a maximum length of 280 mm including end face operation can be ground with the Helitronic Raptor. For automatic loading of up to 500 tools, an optional top loader, integrated in the working area, is available.
Further equipment features are:
- Low vibration, solid grey cast iron, gantry type construction
- 11,5 KW spindle motor
- Grinding software Helitronic TOOL STUDIO
- Top loader (option)
- Glass scales (option)
- Torque drive for the A axis (option)
- Probe for measuring the grinding wheels (option)
- Manual support steady rest (option)