IMTS 2022 Advanced manufacturing technologies in the focus
IMTS 2022 — The International Manufacturing Technology Show, which runs 12 to 17 September at Chicago’s McCormick Place, is chock full of exhibitors, conferences, and other attractions focused on advanced manufacturing technology.
IMTS 2022 will be the 33rd edition of the premier manufacturing technology show in North America. The 2018 edition hosted the highest number of exhibiting companies ever (2,563) and was the largest in number of registrations (129,415) and in net square feet of exhibit space (1,424,232) at the McCormick Place complex. The International Manufacturing Technology Show is held every even-numbered year in Chicago and attracts buyers and sellers from 117 countries.
In 2022, more than 1,272 exhibitors from the manufacturing industry will display their products and productivity solutions. From 12 to 17 September, the creators, the builders, the sellers and the drivers of manufacturing technology come to connect and be inspired. To help optimise the visitors’ time at the show, the exhibits are organised in Pavilions:
- Abrasive Machining/ Sawing/ Finishing: For applications that require high tolerance and precision surface finish, this pavilion has the technology visitors need.
- Additive Manufacturing: Visitors see the improvements in materials and processes that are producing more industrial additive solutions than ever.
- Controls & CAD-CAM: Visitors will learn how to be part of the trend to further connect islands of digital data into a fully integrated solution from design to performance to recycle and reuse.
- Fabricating & Lasers: Latest technology in fabricating, laser and waterjet-based machining, along with displays of welding, metal treating and marking equipment
- Gear Generation: This pavilion features gear manufacturing equipment-such as gear cutting, forming and finishing, as well as broaching, shaping and slotting machines.
- Machine Components/ Cleaning/ Environmental: Many exhibitors here plan to focus on plug-and-play modularity, integrated automation, the application of real-time data management to reduce consumable waste and cleaning methods that reduce user exposure and provide increased recycle and reclamation opportunities.
- Metal Removal: This pavilion is where visitors find the latest innovations in metal cutting equipment, machining centers, turning centers, drilling, boring, milling, EDM and more.
- Quality Assurance: This is where visitors find the metrology equipment and systems to keep your processes on track and find absolute confidence and security in the quality of their output.
- Tooling & Workholding Systems: Latest tooling technology to maximise the investment in machinery and equipment; state-of-the-art workholding systems are also featured in this area.
Where the experts meet
Apart from new manufacturing technology, IMTS 2022 hosts conference sessions to deepen the knowledge of expert visitors about significant technologies impacting efficiency and profit in manufacturing.
The IMTS 2022 Conference is the longest running conference, taking place Monday, 12th September, through Thursday 15th September. Powered by AMT — The Association for Manufacturing Technology, which owns and operates IMTS, and GIE Media, the Conference offers process innovation, plant operations, quality/inspection, automation, improving productivity, improving part quality, and developing a competent workforce.
New events include the Women Make Manufacturing Move program, the Investor Forum and The Smarter Sourcing Symposium.