Rapid Tech 3D 2021 Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft to host additive manufacturing forum again
The Fraunhofer Additive Manufacturing Competence Center is hosting a forum at the Rapid Tech 3D trade congress on 22 June 2021. There will be presentations of six research results for industrial 3D printing.
For several years now, the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft has used the Rapid Tech 3D specialist conference to present the latest developments in additive manufacturing to an audience of experts from around the world. In 2021, the world’s leading applied research organisation will again be represented in Erfurt. Scientists from six Fraunhofer Institutes will present new research results in industrial 3D printing in Erfurt. The talks will cover the development, application and implementation of additive manufacturing techniques and processes, as well as the associated materials.
- Fraunhofer EMI, based in Freiburg, will present process-specific topology optimisation in laser powder bed fusion.
- Fraunhofer IGCV from Augsburg will focus on this topic in relation to binder jetting: the (traditional) casting of lightweight structures is simplified through the resource-efficient production of casting moulds using binder jetting. Compared to conventional forming methods, this process allows for the production of geometrically more complex moulds and cores.
- Fraunhofer IKTS, based in Dresden, will provide a further interesting contribution, addressing savings in terms of process time and energy in medical and technical processes through the use of additively manufactured and functionalised ceramic components.
- Fraunhofer ILT from Aachen will devote its attention to the issue of sustainability in the production environment for metal 3D printing.
- The latest findings in additive manufacturing with copper and the associated opportunities for energy- efficient systems will be presented by Fraunhofer IWS from Dresden.
- The talk by Fraunhofer IWU, also based in Dresden, will highlight the potential of data-driven quality assurance in laser powder bed fusion for more flexible and more sustainable manufacturing. Components produced using this manufacturing technique are of particular interest for small-batch applications requiring high quality standards.
The Fraunhofer Forum forms part of Rapid Tech 3D, which will be hosted in Erfurt on 22 and 23 June 2021 as a conference with an accompanying exhibition. Also on the programme are the established sessions on AM Science; Automotive & Mobility; Aviation; Medical, Dental & Orthopaedic Technology; Software, Processes & Design; and Tool, Model & Mould Making. New additions to the agenda include the forum AM in Construction Engineering & Architecture, which addresses the advantages of generative processes for the realisation of complex forms, along with highly flexible resource-efficient and cost-effective construction. The News from AM forum will look to the future of additive manufacturing, focusing on processes and materials that surpass the technologies currently in use but are already well suited to practical application.
Attendees will be able to either visit the Rapid Tech 3D specialist conference in person at the venue in the Messe Erfurt Congress Center or follow it via the online stream.