Fakuma 2017 Controlling the opening of the pins in valve gate systems
For Fakuma, Synventive updated the Synflow technology. The new Synflow 3 comes with all functions of the previous Synflow versions plus added features like the ability to quickly define complete moulding parameters for a specific application.
The latest version of Synventive's control technology was developed to increase the functionality of Synflow. Synflow is inteded to reduce defects on parts that are caused by conventional sequential moulding. In sequentially filled parts, the delayed pins often cause sudden flow front accelerations and stagnations. These lead to cosmetic defects on parts like hot spot marks and pressure transition marks. With a controlled opening of the pins, these defects can be avoided.
Syflow 3 offers additional features. Users are now able to stop the pin and hold it at any position mid-stroke. According to Synventive, this allows for an individual flow rate control of each nozzle to balance family moulds or to fill complex multi-gated geometries. Users can also program alternating opening profiles to pre-fill cold runners or create differential packing within complex multi-gated parts.
Additional benefits of Synflow 3 compared to its predecessor version
According to Synventive, the biggest benefit of Synflow 3 is the ability to upgrade to it after parts have been moulded with an enabled hydraulic actuated system. Users have the ability to install the system if a mould smpling has determined that it would benefit that Synflow can benefit the process. All Synventive valve gated hot runners can come standard with SVG+, which includes position sensors allowing for simple test opportunities. The Synflow technology can then be added to any enabled system. Moulder therefore can decide to use the system then they actually need it without commiting to a flow control technology for the life of the tool.
See how the Synflow technology works and how it can improve the quality of injection moulded parts in this video:
According to Synventive, the Synflow technology provides a number of features:
- No connection to the injection molding machine necessary
- Test the functionality on the actual tool without committing to additional equipment
- Same controls equipment can be used on multiple systems
- Pin sequencing is still done through current process simplifying use for machine operator
- New software platform designed for ease of use
- Ability to stop the pin mid-stroke to independently regulate filling or packing of each nozzle
- Ability to program alternating moves allows for prefilling of cold runner or differential packing