CG Tech Vericut 8.1.2 offers new features and enhancements
The newly released update of CT Tech's simulation and optimisation software, Vericut version 8.1.2, comes with a number of new and improved features. According to CG Tech, customer and user requests have been taken into account to make the software more powerful and easier to use.
Reportedly, a total of 150 customer software requests have been implemented: “We have thousands of customers and their needs vary greatly,” said Tony Shrewsbury, CG Tech Managing Director. “Vericut is designed to meet the needs of all types of shops – from the small job shop with simple parts, to the OEM and Tier 1 supplier that regularly pushes the limits of CNC technology. Vericut is constantly refined to provide the flexibility and tools our customers need.”
One enhancement in optimisation is that users can now optimise more complex NC programs, including looping, branching, IF/THEN, and DO-WHILE code, while retaining all decision-making logic. Optimised NC programs and subroutines are ready to run with no edits by the user. Force Charts that graphically document the cutting process are enhanced with higher fidelity, so they can display even tiny material volumes and forces encountered, CG Tech announced.
Other improved features of Vericut 8.1.2, according to CG Tech:
- Ability to stop at specific variables when they are set, or changed.
- Options for automatically performing AUTO-DIFF comparisons, and output summary of AUTO-DIFF results to Vericut reports.
- Support added for “3DEXPERIENCE 2017X”, Esprit 2017, NX12.
- New calculation and reporting of Die Sinking electrode contact areas.
- Vericut Help Library and supporting documents in HTML- this allows for easier navigation, faster searching, and viewing higher quality images at a larger size.
- Enhanced Vericut and Tool Manager support non-rotating 3D model tools, such as used in ablation, painting, polishing, and other specialised manufacturing processes.
- Enhanced integrations with Zoller and TDM tooling databases to provide access to complex 3D tooling, and ability to select and deselect specific tools for import