Jongen Ball-shaped copy mills
The new copy mills by Jongen are suitable for both roughing and finishing operations. Additionally, the tools are resistant to allow for demanding operations.
Jongen Werkzeugtechnik GmbH presents the new ball-shaped copy mills, types K01 -K06. Their operation fields are profile milling, pocket milling, helical interpolation, the slot milling, as well as the application of concave radii. Also large cavities can be processed without any problems, according to the company.
The ball-shaped copy mills are available as shank type milling cutters with clamping made to DIN1835-B (Weldon), as well as DIN1835-A (cylindrical shank), diameter range 12- 32mm and as screw-in cutters (compatible with many different market usual systems) diameter range 12- 32mm.
The cutters are made of high-tensile tool steel and can withstand even heavy loads. Thanks to the nickel-coated surfaces, an additional resistance is obtained that helps against build-up material and corrosions. All tools are equipped with boreholes for internal coolant
These ball-shaped copy mills are designed for effectively 2-edge asymmetrical inserts. The inserts are precision sintered with positive chip breaker and have a rounded cutting edge. Depending on the type, the inserts have different radii versions.
Type K01: R6,0 - type K02: R8,0 - type K03: R10,0 – type K04: R12,5 – type K05: R15,0 – type K06: R16,0
The inserts are available with 3 different coatings types, thus almost all material operations can be covered:
- Carbide HC45: the application areas are roughing and finishing of almost all steels, such as structural steel, tool steel, heat-treatable steel, as well as unalloyed, low alloyed and high alloyed steel and also cast iron qualities, like grey cast iron, globular graphite cast iron etc.
- Carbide HC30: suitable for roughing and finishing all high grade steels and high alloyed steels.
- Carbide HC20: the application areas are roughing and finishing cast iron materials, e.g. grey-, tempered-, vermicular-, graphite- and globular graphite cast iron.
- The maximal cutting speeds are up to 350m/min for steel, up to 300m/min for high-grade steel and up to 350m/min for cast iron.
- All carbide qualities can be adopted for dry milling operations, as well as with cooling.