Additional function package for machining software
According to the company, Mastercam’s Dynamic Motion technology can slash machine time by as much as 75% or more. This is supposed to maximise material removal rates, extend tool life, reduce cycle time, save wear and tear on machines, and cut hard materials more easily. New to 2017, micro-lifts now use a line-of-sight approach to move the tool where it needs to go through unobstructed areas. This results in reposition moves that are more efficient, less complex, and travel a shorter distance, resulting in shorter cycle times, the company says.
According to the company, with Mastercam, users get support from resellers, many of whom have been supporting Mastercam for over 25 years. From tech support and training to curriculum and rollouts, Mastercam wants to make sure its customer's shop is running.
Additional features available in the Mastercam 2017 for Solidsworks release are:
- Analyze Toolpath is used to display information such as coordinates, direction, operation number, and more when hovering over any part of the tool motion.
- For simplification, the Tplanes function associates toolplanes to the Solidworks geometry that was used to create them.
- To view real-time operation data about selected toolpaths, the Display toolpath statistics option can be chosen.
- Category-specific icons are now included on the Solidworks ribbon bar. All drop-downs now have an icon that matches the first of the functions.
- Those who purchase or update to Mastercam Mill 2017 or Mastercam Lathe 2017 will also be able to use the corresponding version of Mastercam for Solidworks.
- New Chip Break is available in Mastercam for Solidworks Lathe for working with stringy materials. It makes it possible to set length and time conditions, retract, and dwell options.
- Code Expert enhancements including fonts and colours in NC Configuration and character coding.
- Mastercam Simulator Auto Start, which allows Mastercam Simulator to immediately begin to play once a sufficient amount of data has been transferred.
- Custom Tool Display allows users to define a tool using parametric properties along with a custom profile that can be imported from a CAD file.
Additionally, a fully translated Mastercam 2017 version for Spanish-speaking users is now available.
According to Meghan West, Mastercam 2017 had the most comprehensive testing in the company’s history, including rigorous on-machine tests in Mastercam’s Machining Lab, feedback from the Mastercam network of resellers, product evaluations by shops in their global Beta Testing Program, and live user analyses of new workflow. With the new software, CNC Software hopes to address a broad spectrum of mission-critical CNC manufacturing issues to help users move models onto machines sooner, parts out the door faster, and develop their workforce to maintain a lasting competitive edge. “Our customers are very much our partners in Mastercam product development,” adds West. “In our Machining Lab, we replicate conditions they report so that our software can deal with issues they face every day. We’re eager to understand their challenges and add value to their investment by continually making Mastercam as comprehensive and easy to use as it can be."