What's new in Hannover?
Conferences and Forums support the show
The event programme of Hannover Messe is very comporehensive. There are discussions, keynotes and presentations on almost every topic around the key themes of Hannover Messe. Here are some examples of the widespread options:
- Mexico at the Crossroads: Production for the US or for the Whole World? Hall 27, Stand B38, Business Forum 2 (Global Business & Markets); Tuesday, 24 April 2018, 2:15 p.m. –3:45 p.m.
- Robotics Award 2018 Hall 14, Stand L19; Tuesday, 24 April 2018, 3:30 p.m. –5:00 p.m
- 4th Additive Manufacturing Symposium: Mechanical Engineering as a User of Additive Manufacturing Technology Academy, Pavilion 36, Hannover Fair Grounds; Tuesday, 24 April 2018, 9:30 a.m. –3:30 p.m.
- Decentralized Energy Supply & Building Energy Technologies Forum Hall 27, Stand K42; 23 –27 April 2018
- Industrial Supply Forum Hall 4 , Stand E58; 23 – 27 April 2018, 10:00 a.m. –5:00 p.m.
- Technology & Business Cooperation Days – Brokerage Event for Companies and R&D Institutions Hall 2, Stand C01; 24 – 26 April 2018
- Opportunities and challenges in the US - Market under the current US-Administration Hall 27, Stand B30/10 (Conference Room1); Tuesday, 24 April 2018, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Young Engineers Day Hall 2; Thursday, 26 April 2018
- 15th WoMenPower Careers Conference: New Work – Careers in a changing world Convention Center (CC); Friday, 27 April 2018, 9:45 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Logistics 4.0 Forum Hall 20, Stand D50; 23 – 27 April 2018
As always, guided tours are available covering the most important topics of the show, for example, Industrial Automation & IT and Integrated Energy. All tours start at the Informations-Centrum on all days of the trade show.
The full programme with information on all events can be found here: Event overview of Hannover Messe & Cemat 2018
Entrepreneurial spirit at Hannover Messe
Demand for startups continues to grow in the manufacturing industry. Investors search for the next big thing. Big companies covet startups' innovative spirit. Employees value their creative work culture. In line with this trend, Hannover Messe is expanding its startup programme “Young Tech Enterprises” in 2018 with two new exhibit areas: one in Hall 19/20 for startups from the intralogistics and supply chain management sector and one in Hall 27 for young companies from the energy sector.
“With these additions we are building a bridge to Cemat – the world's leading tradeshow for intralogistics and supply chain management, which runs parallel to Hannover Messe in 2018 – as well as to Hannover Messe's energy sector . Young Tech Enterprises has been Hannover Messe's startup headquarters since 2016. Due to the growing annual demand – from the startups themselves as well as investors, funding networks, incubators, and bigger exhibiting companies – we are expanding the programme,” said Sonia Wedell-Castellano, Global Director Research & Technology, Deutsche Messe AG.
In 2018, the main Young Tech Enterprises area is located in Hall 17. As the hub of the startup scene at the show, the program includes an exhibition as well as a forum, pitches, matchmaking events, and workshops.
Cemat: Logistics 4.0 for logistics providers and supply chain
For the first time, Hannover Messe will be held together with Cemat, a leading trade show for intralogistics and supply chain. Featuring about 1,000 exhibitors from around the world, Cemat is the international market flagship of a fast-growing industry, which produced 20.1 billion euros worth of equipment in Germany alone in 2015. The main drivers of this growth are eCommerce and integrated production – two trends that are placing enormous pressure on intralogistics systems, forcing them to become more intelligent, networked, flexible, transparent, fast and efficient. In eCommerce, product orders tend to be small and highly individualized. In manufacturing, this is matched by growing demand for individualization in the form of one-off production.