The Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL) of RWTH Aachen university and the Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology (IPT) will award the best tool and mould-making companies from Germany and German-speaking countries in the “Excellence in Production” contest.
For 14 years now, the two institutes have been awarding the best tool and mouldmaking companies. According to the Fraunhofer IPT, this year 292 companies participated in the competition, 14 of which were nominated by a jury for the finale.
The award ceremony will take place on 22 November 2017 during an event on the coronation hall of Aachen City Hall. It will take place during the 17th International Colloquium “Tooling with future”.
According to Fraunhofer IPT, the finalists are among the best toolmakers of the German-speaking world. Assesed are the technological performance as well as organisational aspects of the companies along the entire process chain.
This year's award will be presented by the companies Hasco Hasenclever GmbH + Co. KG, Böhler-Uddeholm Deutschland GmbH, WBA Aachener Werkzeugbau Akademie GmbH and Mechanical Engineering Industry Association, the Plastics Cluster Austria and the trade fair Formnext.
The finalists of this year are:
In-house toolmaking under 50 employees
- Festo-Polymer GmbH, St. Ingbert
- FWB Kunststofftechnik GmbH, Pirmasens
In-house toolmaking over 50 employees
- Gealan Fenster Systeme GmbH, Oberkotzau
- SONA AutoComp Germany GmbH, Remscheid
- Takata AG, Aschaffenburg
- TE Connectivity Germany GmbH, Wört/Dinkelsbühl
External toolmaking under 50 employees
- Hanns Engl Werkzeugbau O.H.G., Bozen (I)
- Lotec Loh GmbH & Co. KG, Arnsberg
- WEFA Inotec GmbH, Singen
- W. Faßnacht Werkzeug- und Formenbau, Bobingen
External toolmaking over 50 employees
- Haidlmair Werkzeugbau GmbH, Nußbach (A)
- Summerer Technologies GmbH & Co. KG, Schechen
- weba Werkzeugbau Betriebs GmbH, Dietach (A)
- Werkzeugbau Siegfried Hofmann GmbH, Lichtenfels
More information on excellence-in-production.de