DME Europe Device for monitoring a range of mould activities can also create reports for users
DME has expanded beyond the capabilities of its Counterview R-Series and 100/200 Series with the CVE Monitor V2 from AST Technology, which tracks mould activity, allowing users to view the data on the display or from comprehensive reports using On Demand software or the new CVE System.
Each device is provided at -25 cycles to allow for mould set-up and initialisation of the device. Once it reaches zero, all timers and data will reset on the monitor, according to the supplier.
During production, users can press the button on the front of the monitor and review the following information on the display:
- Cycle Count: Total cycles for the life of the mould are presented on the main screen of the CVE Monitor.
- Cycle Time: As of the first production cycle, the cycle time is shown in seconds for the life of the mould.
- Cycle Time – Recent: Cycle time for the previous 25,000 cycles.
- Efficiency Percentage: The percentage of time that the mould has been actively cycling versus being idle.
- Efficiency Percentage - Recent: The percentage of time the mould has been active in the previous 25,000 cycles.
- Cycle Count Reset: A separate counter that can be reset to zero for interim monitoring of cycles when pressed and held.
Users can utilise the 4GB flash drive on the monitor by connecting it to a PC using an industry-standard mini-USB cable. Users press the button to switch to the flash drive mode and then the storage area is represented on the PC by a new drive letter, the supplier said.
On Demand software enables the user to generate Adobe Acrobat (.pdf ), Excel (.xls), and encrypted (.enc) reports to share with customers and other colleagues.