Markets Be prepared for K 2016

Editor: Barbara Schulz

Europe – Austria, Germany and Switzerland account for a quarter of European polymer demand and continue to offer big opportunities for investors and suppliers of the plastics industry.

Related Companies

Germany (represented in dark grey with 23%), Switzerland (light grey with 2%) and Austria (light grey with 1%) account for 26% of the total polymer demand in Europe. The rest of Europe (dark blue) accounts for 74%.
Germany (represented in dark grey with 23%), Switzerland (light grey with 2%) and Austria (light grey with 1%) account for 26% of the total polymer demand in Europe. The rest of Europe (dark blue) accounts for 74%.
(Source: AMI)

Despite the challenges faced by the industry such as price volatility, supply shortages, competition from overseas and the uncertainties created by the Brexit vote, Germany is expected to be the engine of growth in the European polymers industry.

With K 2016, the industry's biggest trade fair, right around the corner, the likes of Germany, Switzerland and Austria will be a key target for many of the exhibition's visitors who will want to make the most of the opportunities that this plastics industry heartland has to offer.

Germany is the largest market for thermoplastics in Europe with a total polymer demand of over 8.4 million tonnes per year and is home to many leading chemical and machinery companies. Austria, having a relatively small local market, gears much of its plastic processing towards export markets whilst Switzerland has a large well developed injection moulding sector with a particular strength in serving niche electrical, technical and medical markets.

The diversity of the industry in these individual countries is clear; however, combined they account for 26% of total polymer demand for Europe and their geographical proximity will allow companies across Europe to reap the benefits of their markets.

In order to help companies prepare for the K show AMI has prepared detailed databases of plastics processors in Germany, Austria and Switzerland and is currently offering them with a 17% discount. With over 3500 plastic processing sites listed for the three countries the database is the perfect tool to increase sales potential ahead of K 2016 and expand into these markets. Each database provides address, email and phone number along with production details covering processes operated, polymers used, markets served and machinery information.

Moreover, AMI has also recently published a global market report for PP compounds. According to AMI, in 2015 the global market grew by 4% suppressed by weak automotive production globally. Asia now accounts for 46% of global demand compared with 28% in Europe and 26% in the Americas.

(ID:44262979)