Spain 300 visitors attend Ona Electroerosión's Open Day Workshops
On 29th and 31st of May, EDM specialist Ona has opened its doors to present its wire electro-erosion and die-sinking solutions. According to the company, more than 300 visitors attended the event.
Ona has organised this event with the aim of showcasing its customers its capability for increasing the profitability of their businesses with more precise and reliable machines. The visitors have been able to get to know first-hand actual solutions of demanding customers in industries such as energy, aerospace, automotive, moulds, micro-machining, and electronics.
During the event, Ona’s experts have been available to provide information and to answer questions on topics such as:
- Customised solutions.
- Industry 4.0 applications.
- Large-sized machines with over 70 different configurations.
- Some real-life solutions provided to customers
Research and development at Ona
The manufacturer of electrical discharge machining equipment also took the opportunity to present its latest technological improvements. According to the company, these developments are oriented towards optimising its customers' productivity.
The presentation of developments and equipment included:
- New oversized dual-head die-sinking electro-erosion machines, automated with electrode changing robots for the manufacturing of large size moulds.
- Special solution for the automated manufacturing of rings for the aerospace industry using wire electro-erosion.
- The latest innovations in the manufacturing and development of aerospace applications.
- The new ONA QX6+ model die-sinking electro-erosion machine for the manufacturing of large injection square-shaped moulds that can be used either for appliances manufacturing or for general manufacturing.
- The ONA AV130 model, the largest wire electro-erosion machine on the market with a cutting capacity for heights of up to 800 mm.
Throughout the event, Ona’s applications team has performed several live tests of general applications for customers from industries such as moulds, general mechanical engineering, tooling, die-stamping, etc. so that the visitors have been able to convince themselves of the improvements offered by Ona’s machines.